Please take a few moments and complete the Community Survey at:
Please note that the entry to Heathrow Woods; sidewalks and pavers will be pressure cleaned on Wednesday August 12, 2020. Please enter with caution and keep an eye out for the workers as you enter the community.
Transponder exchange begins next Monday, August 17, 2020 at Sawyer Lake Park. Please see the links below and arrive on your schedule day with applications completed and a copy of your registration for each vehicle you wish a transponder for. We look forward to seeing you.
HEATHROW WOODS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION, INC.
995 Heathrow Blvd.
Heathrow, FL 32746
July 27, 2020
Dear Fellow Heathrow Woods Residents:
The Heathrow Woods Board of Directors is pleased to announce that a new Gate Access system was recently installed to make it more convenient for homeowners to enter and exit the community. You might have noticed the new white antenna at the gate when you enter or exit. For a brief transition period, we will run both systems. The plan is to remove the old system by October 31, 2020.
The Board of Directors has chosen the new system, which is manufactured by Transcore. Some of you may be familiar with it, as it is the same company that is used for the E-Pass and the Sun-Pass. When the Transcore system was contracted, we purchased an add-on software program that would eliminate any interference problems between the E-Pass and your Heathrow Woods transponder.
Types of transponders
Fixed (permanent) — This unit must be permanently affixed to your vehicle windshield as the glass windshield acts as an antenna for the fixed transponders. The fixed transponder must be affixed behind your rearview mirror in order for it to work properly. It cannot be handheld or moved from vehicle to vehicle. Once removed, the fixed transponder will no longer function properly and cannot be reattached. You will be required to purchase a new transponder for any new vehicles. Prices are below.
Windshield mount (exterior of vehicle) — This transponder will be required for specific types of vehicles that do not allow for the radio frequency to transmit through the windshield. This option must be installed on the front exterior windshield of the vehicle, preferably in the center.
Fixed or windshield mount transponders may be purchased by residents only. Tenants will be allowed the same privileges as long as the Community Association Management office has a current copy of a fully executed lease and the resident is in good standing with the Homeowner’s Association regarding assessments, and any deposits required are paid.
How much will this cost residents?
If you currently have a clicker transponder, you may trade it in for a new Transcore transponder at no charge.
If you do not have an old transponder to trade in for a free replacement, please bring a check in the amount of $20.00 for a fixed or $30.00 windshield mount transponder, payable to Heathrow Woods. We will not accept cash or credit cards.
How can you get a new transponder?
PLEASE READ the below CAREFULLY, FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS, FILL OUT PAPERWORK, and BRING ALL NECESSARY PAPERS IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE THE INSTALLATION OF THE NEW TRANSPONDER.
Beginning on August 17, 2020, security personnel will be on duty at Sawyer Lake Park within Heathrow to distribute and install transponders on a street-by-street basis. The enclosed schedule shows which dates are designated for your area of the neighborhood. Transponders must be installed by authorized personnel only. Residents ARE NOT PERMITTED to install a fixed transponder.
On one of your scheduled days listed on the enclosed schedule, bring each vehicle in your household to Sawyer Lake Park 995 Heathrow Blvd, Heathrow, FL 32746 between 10:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. You will be able to access Heathrow by way of the South Gate (Lake Mary Blvd) entrance through the guest lane.
Once you enter the park, there will be signs to guide you to a tent where the installations will take place.
PLEASE do not bring your vehicle for installation on any day other than the day designated for your area of the neighborhood. Doing so will be unfair to the other residents of the designated areas, and as such you will be turned away.
PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL:
- Fill out this linked form completely. One form is required for EACH vehicle. Make as many copies of the form as necessary for each vehicle.
- Secure a photocopy of your vehicle registration showing at least one of the following: The resident as the owner of the vehicle or a Heathrow Woods address on the registration. You must submit this copy in order to receive a transponder. It will be kept on file by Heathrow Woods Community Management. Without this proof of residency on your vehicle registration, you WILL NOT be issued a transponder, regardless of whether you have an old transponder to trade in.
- The only deviation from this is if you are driving a company vehicle. In which case you will need to provide proof of residency in Heathrow Woods and a valid driver’s license.
UPON ARRIVAL ON ONE OF YOUR SCHEDULED DAYS:
- A Ramco Officer will retrieve from you:
- Your completed form
- A copy (for us to retain) of your vehicle registration.
- If you do not have the required paperwork, you WILL NOT be issued a new transponder.
- Replacement of the transponder is FREE.
- A Ramco Security Officer will install the new Transcore transponder on your vehicle.
PLEASE READ the above CAREFULLY, FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS, FILL OUT PAPERWORK, and BRING ALL NECESSARY PAPERS IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE THE INSTALLATION OF THE NEW TRANSPONDER.
Resident Transponder Replacement Requirements
- YOU MUST BE A HEATHROW WOODS RESIDENT OR OWNER IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A TRANSPONDER.
- Transponders will NOT BE ISSUED to NON-RESIDENTS or guests of any type, regardless of relationship to owner or personal situation.
- Once again, the vehicle must be registered to a Heathrow Woods owner or have a Heathrow Woods address and you must submit a photocopy of the registration to be kept on file by Community Management. No exceptions.
- If you are a tenant, we must have a copy of your current executed lease on file.
- If required, all rental deposits must be on file.
- All assessments must be current for the association.
- Your new transponder will be immediately deactivated if it is discovered that any of the above have not been met.
Transponder applications after the installation period
You must apply for a new transponder each time you replace your vehicle. They do not transfer. To obtain a transponder after the initial installation period, you must come in person with your vehicle and a photocopy of your vehicle registration to the Heathrow Community Association Office located at Sawyer Lake Park, 995 Heathrow Blvd., Heathrow, FL 32746. The vehicle registration must show a Heathrow Woods address or a Heathrow Woods resident’s name and the photocopy will be kept on file in the Heathrow Community Association Office. The cost will be $20.00 for a fixed or $30.00 for a windshield mount transponder. Please make checks payable to Heathrow Woods. Cash or credit cards will not be accepted.
Fast facts about fixed transponders
- Must be affixed to windshield
- Will NOT work if removed from windshield
- No battery necessary
- Only works on vehicles with glass windshields — Motorcycles and golf carts will need to obtain a windshield mount
- Polarized vehicles may have difficulty
During this transition period we will keep both systems running at the same time. With over 206 households and approximately 800 vehicles to convert, some inconvenience will be unavoidable. We sincerely regret this, but we firmly believe that this new system will improve the access of the Heathrow Woods community at large. Please remember that the Association staff and Security personnel do not have any discretion with regards to the above rules outlined for transponders. Please direct any questions or concerns to Julian Becton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot make any of the installation days, you can still come by the Management office until September 30, 2020 to get your transponder replaced for free. Dates beyond September 30, 2020 will result in the standard charge.
We appreciate both your patience and cooperation. We fully expect to hear positive feedback upon completion of the transition to the new gate system and we anticipate a community of happy residents!
Heathrow Woods Board of Directors
AUGUST 17, 2020 —– ALL HOMES ON CHISWELL PLACE, KIPLING COURT, SNOWFIELDS RUN, AND THESE HOMES ON BRIDGEWATER DR.; 1607-1678 BRIDGEWATER DRIVE.
AUGUST 18, 2020 —– ALL HOMES ON NEW GATE LOOP, AND THESE HOMES ON BRIDGEWATER DR.; 1681-1744 BRIDGEWATER DRIVE.
AUGUST 19, 2020 —– ALL HOMES ON SHILOH COVE AND KILARNEY COURT, AND THESE HOMES ON BRIDGEWATER DR.; 1749-1822 BRIDGEWATER DRIVE.
AUGUST 20, 2020 —– 1827-1930 BRIDGEWATER DRIVE.
AUGUST 21, 2020 —– ALL HOMES ON HARSTON COURT, AND THESE HOMES ON BRIDGEWATER DR.; 1935-2019 BRIDGEWATER DRIVE.
FOR HOMEOWNERS WHO WILL BE OUT OF TOWN OR OTHERWISE UNAVAILABLE DURING THEIR ALLOTTED TIMES:
AUGUST 24, 2020 —- MAKE-UP DAY.
AUGUST 25, 2020 —– MAKE-UP DAY.